Vacation Science Camp at The Children's Museum
Ages6-8 years 9-12 years
Join us for a fun and interactive experience to remember! Experienced staff * State licensed * Safe and positive environment
|Animals in the Woods – Campers will have hands-on experiences with several animals that live in our backyards, including a turtle, snake, opossum, groundhog and rabbit.|
|Science Experiment Challenges – Join us for a day filled with interactive experiments. Campers will learn about chemistry, physics, and much more!|
|Animal Keepers– Help us care for our sanctuary animals, including exercising, feeding, and checking the health of our animals.|
|Reptiles – Campers will spend the day learning about reptiles including turtles, snakes, lizards, and alligators.|
|Mammals – Have a blast meeting many of our furry friends including our chinchilla, hedgehog, opossum and guinea pigs.|
|Invertebrates and Amphibians – Campers will have hands on experiences with many of our invertebrates and amphibians including frogs, toads, salamanders, and insects.|
|Winter Science – Have a blast doing Winter-themed experiments, including making liquid nitrogen ice cream- a camper favorite!|
|Nocturnal Animals – Meet our nocturnal animals including Clark the opossum and Mia the chinchilla, and learn about what adaptations they have for being active at night.|
|Busy Builders – Put your engineering skills to test by building towers, bridges and more!|
• Children entering grades 1 – 6 in the Fall (must be at least 6 years old)
• Completed health form including immunization record, signed by a physician
• Completed parent and authorized prescriber permission form for any child requiring medications or inhaler, including Epi-Pen, needed during camp hours.
9:00am to 4:00pm
Cost: per camp week
TCM/RBNC Members: $60/day Non-Members: $70/day
All program fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
1. Print out the Vacation Science Camp Flyer. Send the completed form to The Children’s Museum by mail:
The Children’s Museum
950 Trout Brook Drive
West Hartford, CT 06119
We accept MasterCard, Visa, checks or cash. Please make checks payable to “The Children’s Museum”. Please note: your child is not registered for camp unless full payment has been received.
2. Call our Registration Department at (860) 726-4008.
As a licensed Youth Camp approved by the State of Connecticut, we are required to comply with state regulations. For the safety and well-being of your child, he/she may not participate in our program unless we have the following health information on file:
- A completed, up-to-date health form signed by a physician
- The date of your child’s last exam must be indicated and must fall within three years of the last day of camp for which you are registering.
- A current immunization record
- Completed parent and authorized prescriber permission form for any child requiring medications, including Epi-Pen, during camp hours.
Click here for a blank health form. You have the option to provide us with a copy of the medical form on file at your child’s school or a health form from another licensed camp, as long as the above information is included.
Be sure to check out our frequently asked questions section below before you come to Vacation Scienc