Museum Entry FREE for the Summer at Lyman Allyn Art Museum
*The event has already taken place on this date: Sun, 08/30/2020
Before You Arrive
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. In the interest of your personal safety and community health, the Museum will require compliance with the guidelines listed below.
- Face masks must be worn by all visitors six years of age and above, and by all staff members.
- Masks for those without them will be available at the front desk.
- Temperatures will be taken upon arrival using an infra-red, touchless thermometer for all visitors and staff.
- Visitors/staff must agree to go home if their temperature reads as 100.4 F or greater.
- Signage regarding entry-point rules, orientation, and cleaning protocols will be clearly posted.
- Visitor capacity has been dramatically reduced and will be controlled throughout the Museum.
- Gallery capacities and traffic patterns have been reassessed and signage will be clearly posted to help visitors navigate the new normal policies.
- Please click here for gallery capacity reference.
- Additional video cameras have been installed to better help monitor galleries.
- Social distancing is required and will be enforced throughout the Museum and grounds.
- Parties may remain together, children must stay with adults at all times, a minimum six-foot distance must be maintained between all other non-family members.
- Visitors will be required to follow directional arrows placed throughout the Museum.
- One-way flow has been established to the extent possible through the galleries.
- Directional foot traffic will be indicated on stairways.
- The interactive elements in the family center at the base of the staircase will be relocated to the much larger auditorium so that educational activities can be enjoyed with safe distancing.
- Toys/materials will be disinfected throughout the day. There will also be cleaning supplies stationed so that families can disinfect as needed.
- Social distancing signs will be placed throughout the Museum’s outdoor sculpture trail.
- The coat room will not be available for use. Large bags and backpacks are not permitted.
- Visitors should plan to leave these items in their car.
- Restroom occupancy has been reduced to one person or one family at a time.
- Restrooms will be disinfected three times daily.
- Restrooms are equipped with touchless hand soap dispensers.
- The elevator occupancy has been reduced to one person or one family at a time.
- The Museum will only accept credit or debit cards for on-site purchases, cash is not permitted.
- The Museum’s front desk will be equipped with a plexiglass partition between visitors and staff.
- Stanchions will be placed in the lobby for traffic control purposes.
- A professional cleaning of the Museum will be conducted before the Museum reopens on June 30th.
- Enhanced cleaning of high touch surfaces will be conducted throughout the day.
- Hand-sanitizer units will be stationed throughout the Museum.
- Food and beverages are not permitted inside the Museum.
- Group tours and large events have been temporarily suspended.
- A protocol for addressing issues of non-compliance in relation to visitors, volunteers and guests has been established.
- A protocol to address any incidences of symptomatic staff or guests has been established.
- In the event the Lyman Allyn is notified that a visitor to the Museum has been diagnosed with COVID-19, we will alert the public via our website and social media platforms.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.