517 Hartford RoadManchester , CT , 06040
Phone: 860-646-309641° 45' 54.0792" N, 72° 32' 39.4872" W
What our organization offers:
Seasons in which we offer activities (select "All seasons" for all):
MusicMakers is dubbed “the classical music school with a progressive attitude,” because we “think out of the box.” Every program is tailored to the individual student. We work with your goals and guide you step by step, constructively, towards them. Lessons on all instruments and voice, offering a Royal Academy Exam track, as well. Classes offered for infants through adults. Unlike music stores and “showcase centers,” an Academy such as MusicMakers means we are focused on one thing, and one thing only — EDUCATION. MusicMakers is the only school in the state of Connecticut that is part of the Associated Boards of the Royal Schools of Music in Great Britain.
MusicMakers is more than just a music education company...it is a philosophy.
We believe that:
- music education should be taught by qualified professionals in a manner which is challenging but motivating, educational yet fun.
- music lessons should prepare the student for a lifetime of enjoying music--far beyond their years as a student.
- in order for music lessons to work, there must be mutual respect between student and teacher.
- music education is integral for human development, and should be an essential part of every person's total education.
- music is not just another activity, but should be enjoyed by the family as a whole, not just the person taking lessons.
- music is an integral tool for self-expression, social interaction and building culture.
- music study helps create a cultural identity, which is becoming more and more necessary in our global times.
- music study builds character, strength, discipline and discerning tasks.
Arts: Performance, Music, Hands-on